For the second time I have to host "When On Google Earth" having found the Gwailor fort Felix Bossert placed as WOGE 112. Since I made the mistake of leaving the coordinates in the previous site (which was in the southern hemisphere), I'm posting this new location, a little easier too.
Try to find the location of the picture and put it in the comments.
I have also made a compilation of the first 100 challenges of the game which is available from this link, a KMZ file for -of course- GoogleEarth.
- Q: What is When on Google Earth?
- A: It’s a game for archaeologists, or anybody else willing to have a go!
- Q: How do you play it?
- A: Simple, you try to identify the site in the picture.
- Q: Who wins?
- A: The first person to correctly identify the site, including its major period of occupation, wins the game.
- Q: What does the winner get?
- A: The winner gets bragging rights and the chance to host the next When on Google Earth on his/her own blog!
The theme of the WhenOnGoogleEarth challenge should be an archeological one.
More info and previous challenges in the Facebook group.