Enviado por Eloy Cano Castro el Martes 8 Marzo 2011
I solved the challenge posited by Chris in When-onGE 123, it was a quarry in eastern Egypt, so I have to host the game for the fourth time. Find the location of the picture on Google Earth and identify the site and the main period of occupation (write your answer in the comments). The first one to get it correct gets to host the next challenge.
Update: 2011-03-10. Here is a more detailed view of the structure (or what's left of it) in question.
Update: 2011-03-14. The name of the location of this site seems to mean beauty or goodness.
Update: 2011-03-16. A wider view of the sector...
of the game:
- Q: What is When on Google Earth?
- A: It’s a game for archaeologists, or anybody else willing to have a go!
- Q: How do you play it?
- A: Simple, you try to identify the site in the picture.
- Q: Who wins?
- A: The first person to correctly identify the site, including its major period of occupation, wins the game.
- Q: What does the winner get?
- A: The winner gets bragging rights and the chance to host the next When on Google Earth on his/her own blog!
The theme of the WhenOnGoogleEarth challenge should be an archeological one.
More info and previous challenges in the Facebook group.
The challenges till now (123) are available from this link, as a KMZ file.